Sunday, February 9, 2014

The products I Love & can afford

I wanted to share some of my daily beauty products that I LOVE and really do use. I don't use a ton of crazy, expensive products and all of the ones I use are available at the local market or drugstore. I have fairly sensitive skin and these are all good to my skin and scalp.





1. Batiste Dry Shampoo-
I have to wash my hair just about everyday otherwise it looks really greasy. I then decided to try a dry shampoo, I tried a brand I found at a little beauty supply shop- It was $22 a can and the can went fast. I then tried the Tresemme dry shampoo-- didn't work for me, my hair still looked greasy. I then found Batiste at a local drug store for about $8 a can-- and it worked great. It also comes in a wide selection of great scents. I have even been able to find this at my local T.J. Maxx for about $6 a can. (so keep an eye out).

2. Virgin Coconut oil-
I use this stuff on my face (it doesn't clog pores!) or if my daughter gets dry patches or rashes, I use it as a deep conditioning mask for my hair (let it sit for 12-30 minutes then wash), or even on my feet before bed with socks to keep them nice and soft. Coconut oil comes in a solid state in a jar but melts almost instantly on contact. All most every grocery stores carry it and a jar will last you about a year and a jar runs about $8-$12.

3. Clearasil-
I tend to wear foundation to work daily, otherwise I look like a zombie. So when its time to wash my face, the face washes I tried would not completely remove the days makeup and dirt. It would take scrubbing, rewashing and makeup removed it get a clean face. I then tried this one, and it works, without drying out my face. It's available at most drug stores, markets and Target for around $6.

4. Colgate Optic White-
I drink at least 2 cups of coffee a day to keep me awake after a 2:30 a.m. wake-up followed by a 5a.m.- 2pm work day. I also like an occasional glass of red wine... so my teeth aren't as white as they could be. I tried whitening strips, but didn't like the whole routine and spending MORE money. So I tried this stuff and it worked... I then made the mistake of stop using it for a few months and I could totally see the difference of the yellowing coming back. So this is my daily forever toothpaste. A tube is about $4 and totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment